Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Gelly Printing !

Hello again!
Since my last project I have discovered -- the gel printing plate! I know, I know... where have I been right? So I started this one with a gel print with some Artistcellar stencils! I used the Halftone Dots Series, Sacred Geometry 2 and the Diamond series with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics in Payne's Grey, Dina Wakely's Turquoise acrylic paint, Golden High Flow in Indigo and Green Gold, and Americana Multi-Surface Acrylic in Deep Turquoise. 
Once the gel print was dry, I taped off the edges with blue painter's tape and then added a wash of watercolor over the print with a koi waterbrush. Then, I cut out a silhouette from a magazine and traced around it with aScribe-All pencil
Next, I used some black gesso and covered everything that wasn't in the silhouette... and added some drips of Golden's green gold and a little bit of Dylusions paint in "cut grass". 
To finish it off, I brushed some liquid glass over the silhouette because I wanted it to be glossy!

No comments:

Post a Comment