Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Fate Loves The Fearless

Hello again! Today I wanted to play around using repurposed materials! I grabbed a piece of cardboard and started by wrapping it with ribbon. I had some chipboard "leftovers" from 3rd Eye "Anatomical Hearts" that I broke into pieces and glued down with some glossy accents to add some texture and depth. Once dry I added a shabby layer of white gesso. I call it "shabby" because I didn't really take time to make sure that everything was covered. I did this purposely because I wanted it to be a grungy project.


After the gesso dried, I went in with Prima's Dot Grunge stamp and stamped randomly throughout. Then, added some color with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in "Ponderosa Pines Olive" and Distress Stain Spray in "Walnut". I love that the Lindy's sprays dry with such depth!


I also brushed in some mica powder in "Rust" and Perfect Pearls "Forever red". 

At this point, I decided it was time for some acrylic paint so I brushed in some Art Alchemy Metallique Steampunk Copper to finish off the background.


Next, I tore some strips of paper from an old vintage book and glued them down with some more glossy accents. I took care not to glue down the pages completely as I wanted them to look shabby also. I spritzed the pages with a little bit of the Distress Spray Stain in Walnut to make them appear even more aged... then I also glued down a metal embellishment, some Prima flowers, black glitter, a piece of lace, a Third Eye Anatomical Heart and a piece of ephemera.


To finish it off, I added "Fate Loves The Fearless". That's it! I hope you enjoy and take inspiration from today's grungy project.

Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment