Monday, August 22, 2016

PanArt - Altered Clock!

Hello!

Today I'm going to be altering a alarm clock base. I started by gluing down some metal embellishments I just looked around my stash for some fun stuff -- tiny bottles, zipper pulls, a fan from an old computer part -- you name it and it's fair game. Glossy Accents is really tough and perfect for this. Once I had them glued down I set the base aside and started working on the background. 





For the background I fussy cut an image from 7 Dots Studio Fortune Teller "Soul" and the 7 Dots Studio Fortune Teller Word Stickers  and used matte medium to glue it to the background. I love all of the imagery in the Fortune Teller collection so much! 



I also embellished the background with a little bit of Art Alchemy Metallique Steampunk Copper, Art Alchemy Metallique light patina and some rust mica powder. 



To finish up the clock base, I also added layers of Art Alchemy Metallique Emerald Green and more of the Steampunk Copper. 





I just love my clock base! I kept the back removable so I could change out the treasures that I place within. This was such a fun project and makes for such an interesting decorative piece in my home. I hope you love the project and find inspiration to start your own!


Mixed Media Place supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment