Saturday, March 11, 2017

Still, It Rises - Quilt Stencil with Artistcellar

Happy Friday!
Today I'm super excited to do a project with the brand new Quilt series stencils! I have both the 6 x 6 and the pocket set, so I got to work creating a little art journal page with them. 
Now I KNOW I want to experiment with the stencils using them to create artistic quilts, (and how fun would it be to sun dye fabric with Dye-Na-Flow ink?!) but for now I wanted to figure out a way to use the stencils in a totally off the wall way. 
So... I made a lotus!
To begin, I sprayed the art journal page with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Verdigris". I just wanted to get some color on the page -- once I sprayed it, I set the book aside and grabbed a loose piece of watercolor paper. I had already used this paper to doodle on, so I turned it over and started spraying the "Star Flower" stencil with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in "Ponderosa Pines Olive". I gave it a quick dry with the heat gun and then used scissors to cut out the flower petals. 
Then, I used a hot glue gun to glue the petals down and add a stem. I wanted more color on the page, so I used the pocket stencils with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Tarnished Silver" as well as Dye-Na-Flow in Turquoise and Dylusions spray in "Crushed Grape". I also added some black acrylic for more contrast and a Uniball Signo UM-153 pen to add the quote!
I hope you have fun playing with these new stencils! I am already brimming with ideas, they are so versatile and I haven't seen anything like them before! 

No comments:

Post a Comment