Thursday, October 27, 2016

Hello!

One thing that you may not know about me is that I love taking vintage pieces and re-purposing them into altered art jewelry. I think it's very special to be able to create one of a kind pieces and I consider jewelry to be a wearable art. How fun!

A couple weeks ago my friend found some amazing little dolls at a flea market and she picked them up for me. I loved the dolls so much -- and wanted to be able to use them again and again. I opted to create a mold from one of them with mold putty. When the mold was ready I mixed up some plaster and poured it in. Within about 30 minutes the plaster had dried and I had a perfect mold of the little doll. I loved the effect of the sunken eyes... isn't it interesting?



From there, I grabbed a pendant and some metal embellishments and used a very thick layer of very strong glue.




Then, I mixed some Texture Powder with Art Alchemy paints to add color and interest. Texture powder is absolutely wonderful when mixed with paint to add just a hint of extra texture to any piece!




I finished the pendant with a bit of gloss varnish... when combined with the Art Alchemy paint - most of which were metallique, it has a wonderful, brilliant sheen.



I can't wait to wear my art-ful necklace!

Mixed Media Place supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment