Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Art Journaling

Since completing the 100 Painting Project I found I had some time to return to another love - art journaling!

I've taken some time in the last week to do a couple of mixed media pieces.

First up, the faerie!

She was created with acrylic paint, faber castell gelatos, ink and acrylic paint markers. :]

Next up, I completed a piece for LifeBook2015. This particular lesson was with Andrea Gomoll. Creating your artist warrior.


I painted this one with Peerless Watercolors, acrylic paint markers, Twinkling H20's, Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray and Faber Castell Gelatos.

If I had a do-over with this one, I think I would have picked a bit of a different color scheme. Perhaps a more muted background with a more colorful headpiece. I may try my hand at it again, either way - the content is very much *me* and my inner warrior, so I'm pleased with that. 

Lastly, I completed Edgar Allen Poe!
I had painted Edgar awhile back, but I no longer have that painting. I missed him, and decided he needed a place in my art journal. Here he is:

He was created with primarily acrylic paint - Golden High Flow and Liquitex, to be exact.

Aside from playing in the art journal, I have a canvas piece started that I'm really excited about (pictures to come - later!) and a commissioned piece that is very unique for me! (Again - pictures and details to come - later.)

Thank you for checking out my work, 

Cheers,
Pan

***P.S. - In case you didn't know, I'm also having a sale through my online store! I have three original paintings (2 on canvas - 1 matboard) and two jewelry pieces up. All with free shipping, too!
Click here!

***P.P.S -And as usual, I still have prints, totes and other things up at Society6, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment