Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Watercolor with Stencils Technique

Hello again!
Do you ever find that inspiration strikes in the most random of ways? Recently I was cleaning in my art studio and I found a container of old watercolors. They are probably around 10 years old -- but they are bright, bold colors and great big bottles! I'm not sure how they were ever forgotten, but I had to pull them out to play with them right away.
I discovered that I have a love for making painted papers with watercolors and stencils! The papers can be used as collage or as a foundation for a painting later on.
Here, I grabbed a few different Artistcellar stencils and used a paintbrush to brush the watercolor on 140lb watercolor paper... however I really want to also try it with Yupo and Mineral Paper. On a few of them, I also mixed watercolor with rubbing alcohol and splattered alcohol on the page. Look at the fun textures I was able to achieve!
I went a little crazy with it because I was having so much fun playing with colors -- so I made page after page after page. Try it! I think you might find it a little bit addicting.
Artistcellar stencils used:

No comments:

Post a Comment