Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fragments




Hello again!

Recently I won a contest of Sarah Trumpp's and received a box full of plaster. I put it to good use right away... and bought some Amazing Mold Putty and made molds of ALL THE THINGS!

A friend of mine gave me a gift of small little vintage creepy dolls. They were one of the firsts to have molds. Once the mold was ready I mixed up some plaster and poured it in. OOOOHHHHH It is so much fun.

Huge warning: Mold making and plaster is ADDICTIVE. SO ADDICTIVE.

But so much fun!

To start today's mixed media painting I picked out some vintage book pages and grabbed some little plaster doll heads I had made. 

I used DecoArt Media Matte Medium to glue the pages down, and added a thick layer of DecoArt Media Crackle Paste, as well as DecoArt Media Modeling Paste through an Artistcellar stencil.


Next, it's time to pick out a color palette!

I used DecoArt Media Fluid acrylics in:
Carbon Black
Phthalo Turquoise
Cobalt Teal Hue
Dark Grey Value 3
Titan Buff
Quinacridone Gold
and
Metallic Gold.







I also added in just a bit of Metallic Lustre in Black Shimmer and Copper Kettle.


Finally, I found some more old book pages and used letter stamps to make a word... and a lighter to burn and rough up the edges.





To finish it off, I used matte medium to glue down the pages... and added a finishing layer of DecoArt Media Gloss Varnish.


That's it!

Aren't the colors wonderful together?

No comments:

Post a Comment