Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sunflower Mixed Media Madness!

Hello again!
I really, really loved the combination of butterscotch and black from my last project... so I couldn't help but incorporate it again! This week I started with a piece of matboard and sprayed Adirondack Color Wash in "Butterscotch" and DecoArt Media Mister in "Primary Cyan" through Artistcellar Labyrinth stencils. Once dried I added a layer of white gesso randomly throughout. Then, I used a palette knife to layer crackle paste. I let that dry completely by just sitting aside overnight. The thicker the layer of crackle paste, the more dramatic crack effect you will achieve! 
I came back to my project the next day with a Faber-Castell Aquarelle pencil and started drawing a simple sunflower design. To fill it in, I used Dye-Na-Flow ink in "Sun Yellow" and let it drip throughout (of course!). To add a little more dimension to the sunflower I also used DecoArt Media in "Titan Buff" and "Metallic Gold". 
Then, for the center, I used Dina Wakley "Black" and "Umber" acrylics
I finished it off with Inka Gold in "Gold" and Pearl Pen in "Black"
That's it! Have you been creating with the Labyrinth stencils?

No comments:

Post a Comment