Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Re-purposed Mixed Media Girl for Mixed Media Place







Hello, hello!


This project began as just a piece of cardboard! I had so much fun repurposing what some might consider as garbage into something pretty.


I removed some of the outer layer of the cardboard to reveal the bumps, and then I added a layer of gesso. From there, I added a layer of stamping with Prima’s “Dot Grunge” designed by Finnabair… and then sketched and painted a face. To add extra interest and texture to the painting I also utilized Prima Flowers, seed beads, a small piece of lace cut to size and Prima’s texture powder. I have really loved using the texture powder in my paintings lately; I love the extra layer of *special* it adds. To use it, I just painted on a layer of Art Alchemy acrylic paints. Then, while the paint was still dry, I also brushed on some of the texture powder. The powder blends right into the paint and dries beautifully.


I hope you have enjoyed the mixed media repurposed cardboard girl today!


Until next time …

Cheers,

Cristin

Mixed Media Place Supplies used:

No comments:

Post a Comment