Monday, March 28, 2016

Creating Calm with Artistcellar Sacred Geometry 2 Stencils

When I started working on today’s project – the theme that kept coming up for me was "calm." I wanted to create calming artwork in a calming environment. For me, the way to begin is always lighting a bit of incense or white sage. Scent helps me start the calming process. Next, I grabbed the Sacred Geometry 2 stencils. When I look at them, I find them mesmerizing – and definitely calming!
This time, I decided to pick a color scheme before I started. Sometimes I do this so that I can work without having to worry much about what color goes with what, or what I should use where. Today, I’m going to use Titan Buff, Cobalt Teal, Magenta, Payne’s Grey, Dioxaxine Purple and of course – Fluorescent Pink!
I started with an Aquabord from Ampersand. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t gesso it, however, I had recently painted something on it that I didn’t like. So gesso first it is.
Next, I added a layer of Dye-Na-Flow in “Midnight Blue”. Before it dried, I also sprinkled some salt. 
Let it dry completely, then wipe the salt away. I think it leaves a cool texture to work with.

Next up, I used Sacred Geometry 2 stencils with DecoArt Media Mister in “Purple”. I’m not worried about adding more layers on top of this because the mister dries permanently. 
 
Once that dried completely, I brought in some more white gesso so I could have a nice surface to draw on, but I wanted that gesso to melt into the painting so I let it drip. 


Next, I sketched and then painted it with the colors listed above. I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics and Golden High Flow. Then, I finished it off with white highlights with my Uniball Signo UM-153 pen. 
 
I hope you have enjoyed this process and that you have found your calm along the way.​

No comments:

Post a Comment