Thursday, July 13, 2017

Pure Texture Gold

Hello again !
Recently we celebrated the summer solstice! To celebrate, I picked some flowers and herbs from my garden and made a sweet summer bouquet. Pictured is Sage, Rosemary, Mint, Roses, Black Magic Petunias, Marigolds and Lavender. 
Where is the smell-o-vision when we need it?
Anyway, from there I also set up some pretty things, wrote down some wishes and burned them and completed a tarot spread. 
After a long day at work, I found it was the perfect ending to the day. 
The celebration helped inspire this art journal spread that I have completed today. I rarely use a lot of orange and yellow in my work but wanted to challenge myself to step outside of my box of blues and purples. 
When I was developing my Dear Heart Oracle Deck I ordered "testers" from a few different companies. This particular deck was a dud, so I had it just lying around -- I pulled "Passion" from the stack and used it as my launch point.
I started by layering Artistcellar Quasicrystals stencils with Wonderstrumpet "Crystal Points". To get an awesome glimmer and texture, I used Golden Glass Bead Gel on a palette knife through the stencils. 
Once dry, I spritzed Adirondack Color Wash spray in "Butterscotch" along with Dylusions "Lemon Zest" and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in "Cross My Heart", "Marmalde" and "It's Orange"... Whoa! THE TEXTURE! To finish it up, I grabbed a tag that had been tossed in a drawer in my studio and used hot glue to attach the oracle card and finally attach the tag to the page.
That's it! Super easy, colorful and pure texture gold. 
Happy Summer, everyone! See you soon, but in the meantime you can find me on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/panart

No comments:

Post a Comment