Saturday, March 12, 2016

Art Feather for Mixed Media Place


Hello! My name is Cristin and I am both excited and honored to be a part of the Mixed Media Place Creative Team! 

Today, I would like to show you what I call an altered art feather! I started with just a plain feather from the craft store. Then I used Perfect Pearls and Finnabair's "Fishnet" stamp. I also used Art Alchemy acrylic paint to spruce up some old metal embellishments. 





As well as some Twinkling H2O's to give my ephemera some additional sparkle. Once I had everything assembled I decided that I also wanted the feather to be able to stand on its own... so I found a rather large cork from a wine bottle, and gave it a coat of the Art Alchemy Metallique Steampunk Copper paint. 





Then, I pushed the stem of the feather into it. It works perfectly!




2 comments:

  1. Awesome sauce feather! Gorgeous colors and textures in this design. Fantabulous! I totally was inspired and had to try out the technique! It's in my Lilac Reverse canvas, and of course a shout out to you as well. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I absolutely love your reverse canvas, Niki! Wonderful artwork, I'm so honored to have been able to inspire! <3

      Delete