Saturday, February 20, 2016

Make a Tiny Book!

I have a new obsession!

It is...


the TINY BOOK!

Aren't they adorable?

After I made the first tiny book, I ended up making more, and more, and more. They are inexpensive, fun and pretty fast to make.



I've really been enjoying giving them away to friends as gifts. I'm also going to be art journaling tiny paintings in them. :)

This video explains the construction of the book part:

Let's recap:
  • 11 x 15 Watercolor Paper
  • Cardboard
  • Needle & Thread
  • Glue

    That's all it takes for the construction of the book.

    Optionally (or not, depending on if you're like me or not) you can adhere a button closure. It's super easy. You can just sew the button to the book just like you would sew it to a shirt.

From there -- it's all about decorating it. 




You can use Deco-Pauge paper, ephemera, fabric, embellishments, paint, stencils, misters, crackle, texture or modeling paste. 



You name it!

One on of my books, I wrapped the cardboard cover in fabric, then brushed on some DecoArt Media Black Gesso, and used Dimensional Effects through a stencil to get a raised effect!



On another one, I used a stenciled image on an old dictionary page and incorporated DecoArt Media Misters and DecoArt Fluid Acrylics!

I especially like how shabby and funky it looks. :)



That is all it takes to make a tiny book. The sky is the limit with these too. You can make them big or small, you can really work to find that "perfect button".

Now, I'm off to paint in my tiny book.

Cheers,
Pan






No comments:

Post a Comment