Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Bright & Bold!

Hello again everyone!

Today, I am really excited to participate in the Andy Skinner Challenge! 

The theme is BOLD & BRIGHT!

I made it a point to use colors that I don't normally use a lot in my artwork -- like yellow and orange. I also used some darker colors (Black gesso, for example)... the idea was that the darker darks will make for brighter brights.


In this art journal spread I used all DecoArt products including: Purple, Yellow Green and Turquoise Mister, DecoArt Media Crackle Paste, DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze, DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics, GessoAndy Skinner's "Day of the Dead" Stencil, and Americana Decor Stencil in "Distressed Harlequin".

I had an absolute blast working on getting extra texture -- from ripping up and layering old book pages, to using crackle paste and a palette knife through a stencil.






Blessed are the weird ones!

Cheers,

Pan

4 comments:

  1. Hehehehe - love this - I'm blessed because I'm weird!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a fun project. Your bold bright colors, texture, drips and funky skull are all WONDERFUL. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skull and cool quote - I like it! :D

    ReplyDelete